Attach Assignment # 1 here
Assessment #2: Case Study of a health care organization’s financial health (12.5%)
In this assessment you will select an organization and evaluate its financial health based on ratio analysis. You will be graded on based on your understanding of the ratios, the accuracy of your calculations, the validity of you conclusions and your ability to clearly communicate your analysis. To complete this assignment, follow these steps.
- Select a health care firm from the following website.
- Examine the financial statements for your company.
- Review Chapter 5 and 17 in the text and from the financial ratios in Chapter 5, choose the five that you believe will provide the best insight into your organization’s financial condition.
- Calculate the ratios you have selected
- Write a short paper in the following format:
- Cover page with your name, class/section and instructor’s name
- For each ratio, in a paragraph: define the ratio, explain what it measures, why you chose it, show your calculation and explain what the ratio tells you about your organization’s health.
- Write a conclusion about your organization’s financial condition based on your ratio analysis.
- Use APA, use 2-3 citations and references, including your textbooks
- Review the Video
You will be graded base on the following rubric:
|The student demonstrates a thorough understanding of the meaning of the rations chosen and their applicability to the organization being analyzed.||The student demonstrates a reasonable but not complete understanding of the meaning of the rations chosen and their applicability to the organization being analyzed.||The student demonstrates a limited understanding of the meaning of the rations chosen and their applicability to the organization being analyzed.||The student does not demonstrate an understanding of the meaning of the ratios or how they can be used to assess the organization’s financial condition.|
|All 5 of the rations are calculated accurately||3 -4 of the rations are calculated accurately||1 – 2 of the rations are calculated accurately||None of the ratios are calculated accurately.|
|The student draws accurate conclusions for each of the ratios and for the overall financial health of the organization.||The student draws some accurate conclusions for each of the ratios and for the overall financial health of the organization. There are a few mistakes||The student draws few accurate conclusions for each of the ratios and for the overall financial health of the organization. There are several mistakes||The student’s conclusions for each of the ratios are inaccurate and the overall conclusion on the financial health of the organization is not valid.|
|Writing quality: Writes clearly, concisely, and with few errors. Easy to understand.||Writing quality: Writes with some errors but the paper can be readily understood.||Writing quality: paper includes numerous errors. Requires some effort to understand.||Writing quality: The paper is poorly written and is difficult to understand.|