chapter TERMS TO BE USED: Personality disorders, Mental well-being, Mental illness (Will attach pages after bid upload format acting up)
PROPPS are short reflections on the required reading.
You will process (reflect on) at least 2 major concepts or key terms from the chapter you select . Here’s what I mean by processing:
- ask and/or answer a question about what you’ve read; challenge or question the concepts
- differentiate key terms from each other (how are they alike, how are they different)
- discuss the future implications of the research; where can research go from here?
- look up and expand on the research presented in order to challenge the results
In general, you can do anything beyond just questioning (e.g., “What does this term mean?”) or reporting or summarizing (e.g., “The psychoanalytic approach deals with
the unconscious mind.”).
- use the language of Psychology and cite psychological research!
- explore the complexity of humans by intersecting several concepts at once!
- move beyond sharing personal stories and instead apply the concepts directly to your experiences!
- will attempt APA formatting (header, page numbers, formatting – use APA Formatting, Research, & Discussion Resources for help!)
Each PROPP must note your name and the chapter you reflected upon. PROPPs must include at least one in-text citation(from uploaded chapter reading,), (peer-reviewed journal article) and have a References page. They must also be double spaced, and no longer than two pages with a 1″ margin and a font size no larger than 12 pt. Please be sure to review the rubric before submitting to make sure you understand how PROPPs are assessed for grading.