This is a transcript of a witchcraft trial and you must take these transcripts (primary documents) and use them to answer of the following three questions in a thoughtful essay. Be sure to use examples from the book and have an argument.
- 1. What does this trial show about attitudes towards witchcraft in Early Modern Europe?
- 2. What does this trial reveal about everyday life in 1663?
- 3. You tell the story – using footnotes to show your evidence – of what happened. From whose viewpoint would you tell it? What would you highlight? You must include a paragraph explaining how your choices highlight the historical points you are trying to make.
* This is essay, double space.
* I have uploaded the & the of the
Please see attachments.
- Make sure you provide a clear thesis statement in your introduction. A thesis should be followed by a sentence briefly summarizing how you intend to prove it.
- You should aim for at least three specific examples to use as evidence for your argument.
- You must cite your sources, whether it is a paraphrase or a direct quote.
- Your conclusion will recapitulate the main points of the essay and your thesis.