Week 3 – Assignment
Outbreak at Watersedge
Play this interactive game “Outbreak at Watersedge” found here:
Outbreak at Watersedge (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. (n.d.) Retrieved from http://www.mclph.umn.edu/watersedge/game.html
Then, address the following questions in question-answer format (i.e. retype each question and then place your response below). Unlike most assignments, this is not a formal paper; however, you do need to add a cover page.
Short Answer Questions:
- What are the symptoms experienced by the patients?
- Where are the majority of the cases located?
- What led you to take water samples (aside from the computer telling you to do so)?
- Which water sample tested positive? What was different about this water sample than the others?
- What was the biological cause of the outbreak; what factors contributed to the agent getting into the water; and what family does the biological agent belong to?
- What factors contributed to the development and spread of the outbreak?
- How would you report information to the public?
- Must be at least two double-spaced pages in length (not including cover page) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted