You will create this assignment following the Assignment Detail instructions below. This assignment will be submitted in the Unit 4 – Submission Assignment lesson in intellipath.
Review the tutorial titled How to Submit the Intellipath Submission Assignment.
Please submit your work to this week’s Intellipath Unit Submission lesson. Click the Upload button within the submission lesson to access the submission area. Click the Select File button to upload your document, and then click “OK” to finish.
Review the scenario, and then use the following to create a journal entry. Journal entries provide the writer with an opportunity to collect their thoughts and reflect in a less formal way than they would in a traditional essay. Although a journal is not a traditional essay in format or tone, all of the elements necessary for good writing still apply, including attention to grammar, thorough proofreading and spelling checks, and presenting views in an organized paragraph structure.
As part of your company’s commitment to cultural awareness, each employee is urged to bring a piece of art, clothing, music, or something similar that you think represents your culture and how you think of yourself.
For example: What is the significance of the quilt in the Alice Walker story, Everyday Use?
Write a journal entry which is 1-2 double-spaced pages in length that addresses the following questions. You are not required to include a cover page, but if you refer to information from your textbook or other sources, be sure you provide in-text citations in accordance with APA requirements. Make sure you refer to the rubric to ensure you address all the requirements for the paper.
For your journal entry, think of 2 or 3 possessions in your family that are culturally, socially, or ethnically important to you. Discuss the following:
- Description: Identify the family possessions you have chosen and their origins.
- Interpretation/Reflection: Why are they so important? What role do they play in your family history?
MovieMan101pro. (2014, September 21). “Everyday use” Alice Walker [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYrk_oEJpDY
Assignment CriteriaProficient DescriptorPointsContent DescriptionJournal Description:
• Provides personal response to the issues raised in the scenario
• Demonstrates critical thinking in connecting the given scenario to key course concepts from readings and other academic resources.
• Makes relevant inferences through contextual explanations and examples. /20 pts.Interpretation/ReflectionJournal reflection:
• Demonstrates insight and awareness of the relevance of the questions and their cultural implications to the world and society
• Examines personal assumptions and explores alternative perspectives.
• Includes what was learned from engaging with the questions and how it will inform personal behavior in the future, demonstrating growth and awareness. /20 pts.Writing QualityJournal response is well-articulated, including in-text citations and references in accurate APA Style as needed, and is free from grammar, punctuation, usage, and spelling errors./10 pts.Total/50 pts.
If you are planning to repurpose an assignment or submit one you have used before, please let your instructor know. If an instructor is not made aware of work being repurposed or reused, he or she will treat the assignment as a plagiarized task and reserves the right to post an F grade and submit a task for review to administration until proof of originality is provided. Click here for more information.
The following are some tips if you have problems submitting your assignment:
- Resave in the proper format per the Assignment Detail instructions, and resubmit.
- Submit with a different Web browser.
- Submit from a different computer.
- Call Technical Support at 877-221-5800, Menu Option 2. They are open 24/7.
- If you are still having difficulties after trying steps 1–4, please contact your course instructor.
Make sure you submit this assignment by the listed due date. Late deductions will apply for this assignment as follows:
- Assignments submitted within 7 calendar days after the stated due date: 10% penalty of total assignment points.
- Assignments submitted 8–14 calendar days after the stated due date: 20% penalty of total assignment points.
- Assignments submitted 15–21 calendar days after the stated due date: 30% penalty of total assignment points.
- Assignments submitted 22–28 calendar days after the stated due date: 40% penalty of total assignment points.
- No assignments, including late assignments, will be accepted after the end of the course unless an approved Incomplete has been granted.