Listed below are points for a speech outline. Unscramble them and place them in the correct position on the form on the next page.
. There are existing organizations that students can support to help curb sexual
Student crime watch patrols could help curb rates of theft and assault at night.
Per capita rates of sexual assault are higher on campus than in many of our larger
Today we’ve discussed the growing problem of crime on campus, and what we, as
students, can do about it.
Only you can lessen the chances that someday you or someone you love might
become another victim.
As a victim of campus crime myself, I’ve become intimately concerned with this
issue, and I have done some research to see how bad the problem really is.
Only organized student involvement can help stem the tide of crime on campus.
We students should conduct a campaign against campus crime.
Last year, seven cars and forty-two bicycles were stolen on campus.
“Take Back the Night” has been working to raise rape awareness and its effects
on women for years.
10. The problem of campus crime has been growing steadily for years.
11. Can anyone imagine being robbed or even raped at gun-point in your own dorm
12. Student representatives could help pressure the administration to tighten campus
13. Rates of physical and violent assaults reported have increased 17% since 1990.
14. Today, I’m going to talk to you about the growing problem of crime on campus and
offer some solutions we can take to help stem the tide.
15. “Men Against Rape” needs volunteers to escort women on campus during evening
16. Students could form a campus-wide “crime watch” program that works in
cooperation with campus security.
17. To persuade my audience to conduct a campaign against campus crime.
19. Student crime watch patrols could help make everyone feel safer.
I. (Summary statement)