There are 4 scenarios. ( see attached Word Document for the 4 scenarios)
The purpose of this assignment is to provide you and your team with real world exposure to the functions performed by labor relations. The title of the assignment is HR Strategy Responding to a Union Organizing Drive. These scenarios ask you to analyze the issues and develop a course of action for each scenario. Read each scenario and:
1. Outline your various alternatives in responding to the union organizing drive.
2. Develop and support a specific recommended course of action to present to upper management.
Do not include the scenarios in the presentation. The focus of the assignment is to develop alternatives and a course of action for each of the four scenarios and be able to develop a communication that you would share with senior management of a firm.
1. Develop a 9-11 minute VOICE THREAD POWER POINT presentation to address the issues presented.
a. You are the HR Manager for each scenario.
b. Read through each scenario.
c. Read through the Plan-Do Check-Act (PDCA) process. This will be helpful in your analysis of the issues as well as offering viable recommendations. PDCA Checklist 07.31.13.docx
d. Outline your various alternatives in responding to the union organizing drive.
e. Develop and support a specific recommended course of action to present to upper management.
2. The presentation should include theory application. In other words, once you have conducted your analysis, what theories link to the Labor Relations processes/functions? For example, spend a little time justifying the recommendations you team made to upper management. Why should management pursue your team’s suggestions? What analysis have you done that makes the team’s recommendations viable? What are the pros and cons of the recommendations?
3. Everyone on the team should INDIVUDUALLY submit a copy of the VOICE THREAD PowerPoint into the applicable assignment submission box by the end of week the.
4. One copy of the final team PowerPoint should also be submitted at the BEGINNING of next week (no later than Monday evening) in the Week 4 Discussion Area. Everyone on the team still needs to make at least three discussion posts throughout the week for maximum credit about other teams PowerPoint presentations.