For this benchmark assignment, you will assemble your personal, comprehensive classroom management plan for the students in the “Class Profile.”
Review the instructor feedback on your previous assignments and consider all you have learned throughout this course, including the interaction you have had with classmates and current educators in the field.
Your classroom management plan should consist of the following sections:
- Professionalism – In 250-500 words, analyze how your professional decisions and actions affect students, families, and other professionals in the learning community. Include examples of professional interactions with various stakeholders including students, parents, co-workers, and administrators.
- Student Engagement Strategies – In 250-500 words, summarize three strategies that foster active engagement and create supportive learning environments. Include how these strategies meet, or can be differentiated to meet, the various needs presented in the “Class Profile.”
- My Philosophy of Classroom Management – Write a 150-200 word description of the culture you will promote in your classroom applying age-appropriate theories of motivation and behavior among elementary students to create learning environments that support individual students’ development, acquisition of knowledge, and motivation.
- Classroom Procedures – Include five procedures from the “Classroom Procedures” assignment (one of which must address digital citizenship) and indicate how you will systematically teach classroom routines consistent with principles of effective classroom management and human motivation and behavior. Include a 200-250 word rationale that explains how the procedures will help create opportunities for students’ active engagement in learning, self-motivation, positive social interaction, and supportive learning environments.
- Rules, Consequences, and Reward System – List and explain your classroom rules. Include a 200-250 word rationale that explains how the system will help create opportunities for students’ active engagement in learning, self-motivation, positive social interaction, and supportive learning environments.
- Communication with Parents/Guardians – Identify three ways you will communicate with parents to establish and maintain a positive collaborative relationship that promotes the intellectual, social, emotional, physical growth, and well-being of students. Include a 150-200 word rationale for each of the three forms of communication.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.