This assignment will focus on culturally responsive pedagogy. Student will write a plan, and in doing so, should assume the role of an Instructional coach/leader whose goal is to work with a group of teachers in effort to improve student’s learning. The plan should assess the need for change, and propose a plan for implementation. This should include a form of pre- assessment, change, and a measure of post-assessment of the initiative. Thus, the plan should be grounded in the literature. The paper should range between 3-4 pages, and it should be written in APA. Student should identify an assessment tool or a model to aid the plan, as well as graphical representation to illustrate the plan.
A well-developed plan is evidenced by the degree to which the student as an instructional coach/leader could identify current practices at the classroom level that impede student learning, followed by a plan for change, and a plan to assess the effectiveness of the change, using scholarly evidence.
In litteris proficere volo malo deligere Jesum.
Some suggested topics:
fostering inclusion by encouraging various ways of knowing (multiple intelligence), etc. The key components of the plan should include:
1. A description of the school’s demographics
- Identify a need for change and provide an articulation of the change
- Identify a change model (an example is illustrated in figure 1).
- Develop an implementation plan for the change
- Address resistance to change
3. Assess the effectiveness (This is based on the degree to which the plan moves classroom instruction towards culturally responsive pedagogy to increase student learning).
4. Describe your plan for ongoing development.