How the teacher communicates the learning objectives during instruction opens the door to initiate student engagement, motivate student ownership of learning, and set the stage for establishing a clear expectation of learning in the classroom.
Review the “Learning Plan Template” to complete this assignment.
Complete Part 2: Learning Objectives Plan.
Part 1: Learning Objectives Plan Chart
For this assignment, you will develop learning experiences that engage students in collaborative and self-directed learning. Using the “Learning Plan Template,” choose a math or ELA standard for the grade level that corresponds with your field experiences. Using the chosen standard, compose an aligning learning objective. Research best practices regarding how to communicate learning objectives in the classroom, helping to establish a positive and supportive learning environment. Using your research, identify and describe strategies that:
- Communicate the Learning Objective (Collaborative Learning).
- Check for Understanding (Self-Directed Learning).
Part 2: Strategies Summary
Using the “Learning Objectives Plan,” summarize and reflect on your strategy choices in 250-500 words. In your summary, address the following:
- Describe how the strategies you chose establish an environment of learning.
- How does the process of sharing objectives with students help to create a culture of self-directed learning?
- How is this collaborative culture of sharing learning objectives helping the students make personal connections to their learning experiences?
- How does the instructional strategy engage students in their learning?
- Explain how you will use your findings in your future professional practice.
Support your findings with a minimum of three scholarly resources.
Submit the “Learning Plan Template” with your strategies summary as one deliverable.