For this Assignment, consider a couple/family where one member has a severe and persistent mental illness. (Note: This may be a fictitious case or a case from your professional experience). Think about how you would conceptualize the couple’s/family’s problems using the lens of your chosen theoretical orientation.
- Identify the pervasive mental illness or health concern present in the couple/family.
- Conceptualize the couple’s/family’s problem through your chosen theoretical orientation.
- Design a treatment plan including short- and long-term goals.
- Explain two evidence-based interventions you would use to address the couple’s/family’s issues and how you would use them. (Note: The interventions may not emerge from your chosen theoretical orientation.)
- Justify the intervention you selected with two evidence-based research articles.