Week Three Quiz
Complete the quiz on the assigned readings for the week.
Question 1.When we consider the significance of FDR, we must also take a moment to look at the importance of his wife. Eleanor Roosevelt was a woman of extreme influence in the history of the 20th century. Which of the following was associated with Eleanor Roosevelt?
- Champion of women remaining the home and out of the workplace
- Argued for strict racial segregation
- Disagreed with federal intervention in the economy
- Fighting racial and sexual discrimination
Question 2.What was the name of the process by which people in the 1920s purchased stocks with a loan?
Question 3.Coney Island was a popular amusement destination in the 1920s with a number of parks. Historian Kathy Peiss suggested that the Steeplechase Park was constructed with what main theme in mind?
- Family fun
- Upper-class excursions
- Horse racing
Question 4.The Manhattan Project was a massive government, industry, and academic partnership that worked for three years to create an atomic weapon. Which of the following was not true about it?
- The atomic bomb was first tested at Alamogordo, New Mexico.
- Vice President Truman was actively involved.
- President Truman took responsibility for the decision to drop the atomic bombs.
- It led to the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and then Nagasaki.
Question 5.Which of the following was not a cause of the Dust Bowl?
- destruction of topsoil
- hail storms
Question 6.Which of the following did NOT contribute to Franklin Roosevelt’s experience prior to becoming president?
- New York governor
- Vice presidential nominee
Question 7.Roosevelt addressed the struggles of industry with the National Industrial Recovery Act (NIRA). Which of the following was not one of the main components of this effort?
- African American labor assistance
- Public works projects
- National Recovery Administration
- guaranteed the right to collective bargaining
Question 8.World War II had notable contributions by minority groups. Which of the following was not an example?
- 442nd Regimental Combat Team
- Tuskegee Airmen
- Women Air Force Service Pilots
- 101st Airborne Division
Question 9.One of the ways that the Harding administration can be characterized is the following:
- more favorable to and tolerant of big business than his Progressive predecessors.
- less favorable to and tolerant of big business than his Progressive predecessors.
- similar to his Progressive predecessors in terms of big business.
- less willing to increase the power of corporations than his Progressive predecessors.
Question 10.Which of the following did Herbert Hoover strongly believe in?
- government intervention
- federal support for failing banks
- providing relief for the Bonus Army