This assignment is a Group Project and requires the group to complete the M.Ed. Group Project Charter as the first step. Please contact your faculty member if you have any questions regarding this requirement.
There are 5 major guiding principles and 22 ethical standards that you should know as a researcher. You should be familiar with these guidelines and standards. To access them, click here.
Based on these ethical codes, you will participate in this group project at both an individual and group level.
Each group member will be individually responsible for the following:
- Review and Completion of the M.Ed. Group Project Charter Requirements. The Group Charter can be found here.
- Review the 5 guiding principles, and choose 1 of them that is of particular interest to you. Be sure to coordinate with your group to avoid duplication.
- Select 3–4 ethical standards that you believe align with your selected guiding principles, and do further research.
- On the Small Group Discussion Board, post a discussion of the chosen principle and the chosen ethical standards. Provide rationale for your belief in their importance. Support your statements with credible academic sources.
- Review the individual posts of your group members, and provide feedback.
The Group must complete the M.Ed. Group Project Charter Requirements before moving forward with the assignment. The entire group is responsible for the review and completion of the M.Ed. Group Project Charter requirements. The Group Charter can be found here.
From the individual postings in the Small Group Discussion Board area, the group will choose 12 of the 22 ethical standards that the group feels are the most important. Make sure that there is at least 1 ethical standard for each of the 5 guiding principles.
The group will create a PowerPoint presentation that covers the following:
- Explain why ethical standards are needed.
- Identify what each of the 5 guiding principles represents, and why each is important for educational researchers.
- List the 12 ethical standards chosen.
- Give an example of how each of the chosen 12 ethical standards would be used in qualitative research for data collection.
- Give an example of how each of the chosen 12 ethical standards would be used in quantitative research for data collection.
- Provide examples of how the ethical standards selected might impact methods of collecting data.
- Summarize why it is important for each individual researcher to follow these ethical standards.
PowerPoint slides should have a professional-looking background and short bullet points on the slide, with the explanation and comments (presentation script) in the notes section. The slideshow should have some graphs or charts and appropriate clip art or photos to make the presentation interesting. For more information on PowerPoint, see the PowerPoint lab in the Learning Lab area.
2011 Code of ethics. Retrieved from the American Educational Research Association Web site: http://oegintranet/courses/AIU/EDU602/Assignment_Assets/U3GP_Ethics_Code.pdf
Please add your file.
Your assignment will be graded in accordance with the following criteria. Click here to view the grading rubric.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Listed here are the topics I chose to do for this Group project.
1 scientific, Scholarly, and Professional
2 use and Misuse of Expertise
3 Contractual and Consulting services
Limits of confidentiality
Discussing confidentiality and it’s limits
Anticipation of possible use of information