Employee Performance” Please respond to the following:
- Go to https://www.sas.com/en_us/company-information/employee-retiree-services.html and review the benefits offered by this company by scrolling down to the middle of the web page and click on the “Benefits” tab. Next, determine whether or not these types of benefits would motivate you as an employee for a long-term commitment. Please relate SAS benefits to what is offered by your organization. Support your reasoning.
Employee Layoffs” Please respond to the following:
- Determine three ways that employee layoffs can affect other employees and the organization as a whole. Propose two ways you can ensure you are abiding by the laws that govern employment and ethical practices during layoff. Respond and evaluate another learner’s comment. Ground students will do this through discussion.
“Performance Appraisals” Please respond to the following:
- Determine why organizations can have higher productivity when top managers encourage supervisors to set goals, assess performance, and provide feedback to employees. Support your answer with examples. Then, describe the experience you have had with performance appraisals and how your performance has been influenced by them.
“Performance Measurement” Please respond to the following:
- Imagine you are working at an ice cream shop. It is the middle of summer, the shop’s busiest season, and the electricity goes out during a storm. Rank the actions that you should take in order of importance, as your performance will be measured regarding your immediate actions.
- Assess the advantages and / or disadvantages of having more than one source of performance measurement within a company. Support your position with examples. Of the performance measurement sources you provided, select one that you believe your current or previous company could benefit from and explain why.