For this assignment, use the same grade level you selected in Topic 2 and the “Class Profile.” Select two classroom management models from the following list to research:
- Harry Wong’s Effective Classroom
- Kagan, Kyle, and Scott’s Win-Win Discipline
- Fred Jones Positive Classroom Discipline
- Morrish’s Real Discipline
- Canter and Canter’s Assertive Discipline (middle school education focused)
- Jeanne Gibb’s Tribes (elementary education focused)
Select two school-wide/campus-wide behavior management systems from the following list to research:
- Character Education (e.g., Character Counts, Character First! Education, I CAN Character Curriculum)
- Love and Logic
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Strategies (PBIS) (a school-wide program that uses PBS)
- S.T.A.R. (“Stop, Think, Act, Review” or “Success Through Accepting Responsibility”) (elementary education focused)
Based on your research, complete the “Behavior Management Models/Systems Table.”
In addition, write your personal 200-250 word classroom management model statement. This statement should include elements of each model/system you would incorporate into your future classroom management plan. Explain your selections.
Include a minimum of three scholarly references to support your statement.